Tuesday, July 6, 2010

#9 A multi-million bet


I suddenly have a weird thinking on today, is about rich.
If you have ten million now, and I use another ten million to bet with you. The probability for you to win is 90%. So that mean 90% you will have twenty million, and 10% you have nothing. Do you want to take this risk?

For me,  before I have ten million or a million, I will surely take the bet. Because the probability is too small compare to other investment. It is worth, it is more than worth.
But if I owned ten million, I won’t. The reason is very simple. Because there is not much difference between ten and twenty million. But there is a huge, a super deeper huge difference between I have ten million and have nothing (or the situation now).My bewildering theory, can you be accepted? Ha ha!

Then I think a level deeper. I want to be rich in order to do what I want to do (做我想做的东西).
But I seldom think about "I don't have to do thing that I do not want to do"(我可以不做我不想做的东西).
If I have one million now, actually I can "don't have to do thing that I do not want to do". I don’t have to work, don’t have to use old computer, don’t have think a lot in order to eat a steak.
But one million is not sustainable for me “to do what I want to do”, not even 50%.
I cannot buy a Ferrari, I cannot buy a thousand meter square of ground and build a bungalow on it.
Actually , what I aim for now is the second one. And that is easier to achieve.

Conclusion:  Aim for "I don't have to do thing that I do not want to do" Instead of “can do what I want to do
总结: 目标由”我可以不做我不想做的东西”  取代 可以做我想做的东西”

2 comments:

  1. Believe that could not but have a try, he is an adventurer.
    相信不可能但有去尝试的人,是一位冒险者.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "People who believe that is impossible yet going to try, is an adventurer."

    I prefer add "太" -> "相信不太可能但有去尝试的人,是一位冒险者." :D

    ReplyDelete